This is one of my my favorite new discoveries! i love egg rolls as a snack, heres a quick recipe that you can put in the freezer and fry anytime your craving these golden crispy rolls!
prep time- 30 minutes Cook time- 5 minutes= total time of 35-40 minutes
12 egg roll wraps
1⁄2-1 lb ground beef ( or you can use chicken or pork)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crush peppers
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 (16 ounce) bagshredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
4 green onions, sliced
1 egg, beaten with
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Brown beef with ginger and garlic in pan; drain any grease.
- Mix salt, onion powder, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to pork and mix well.
- In large bowl combine cabbage mix and green onions.
- Pour hot meat over vegetables and stir well. Let drain and cool slightly.
- Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- Place 3 tablespoons beef filling in center of egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- Fold in right and left points.
- Brush beaten egg on top point.
- Finish rolling.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350ºF).
- Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.